Come experience the rich cultural heritage, vast array of historical art galleries and museums, and countless theaters of performing arts that London has to offer. Witness architectural landmarks and experience the preservation of London's history through a multitude of museums.
Participants will enhance clinical counseling skills through two days of workshops. These professional development workshops are experiential in nature and facilitated by highly experienced London-based psychotherapists.
Service projects will provide participants with the opportunity to learn about the local issues related to mental health as well as the opportunity to exchange mental health expertise with local psychotherapists. This is a program you don't want to miss!
OverviewWORKSHOPS & LECTURES
-2 Day workshop with local UKCP registered psychotherapist
-Bethlem Royal Hospital Museum of the Mind Tour and lecture
-Sigmund Freud Museum Tour and lecture
-Develop counseling resources for use with underprivileged community
-Exchange mental health expertise with local psychotherapists
- London Tower and Tower Bridge
- Houses of Parliament and Big Ben
- Trafalger Square and Picadilly Circus
- River Thames Boat Cruise
- Kensington Palace
OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS ADD-ON
The Harry Potter Experience: Limited availability due to high demand. Spellbinding tour of Warner Bros. Studio, spectacular broadway performances of The Cursed Child Parts 1 & 2 at the Palace Theatre, and a coveted photo-op session at the famous Platform 9 ¾ at King’s Cross Station.
- Location: United Kingdom
- Language: English .
- Weather: Daytime temperatures range from 68F-90F. Rains often.
- Currency: Pounds (1 pound = 1.29 US Dollar).
- Government: Parliamentary Democracy with a constitutional Monarch (Queen Elizabeth II) as Head of State and the Prime Minister as Head of Government.
ItineraryComing soon! Check out the overview to see tourism, education, and service activities.
BETHLEM ROYAL HOSPITAL MUSEUM OF THE MIND
Guided Learning Tour
Experience the artistic manifestation of hallucinations, delusions, and other mental health symptoms as expressed by past and present patients. The Bethlem Royal Hospital Museum houses the famous statues, Raving and Melancholy Madness, from the gates of the original 17th century Bethlem Hospital. This museum boasts an internationally renowned collection of archives and historical objects that provide a rich history of mental healthcare and treatment over time.
SIGMUND FREUD MUSEUM
Guided Learning Tour
Visit the final residence where Sigmund Freud spent the last year of his life writing, consulting, and providing psychoanalysis after fleeing Austria during the Nazi annexation. Freud lived for one year here until 1939 and then his daughter, Anna, remained in the home until her passing 1982. This museum opened in 1986 and showcases the preservation of Freud's collection of books, paintings, antiques, consulting room and his couch famous for use during psychoanalysis.
Will be announced soon!
FEESLondon Program Fees: $2,400
Program fees include:
- Roundtrip, economy class airfare from SLC
- Lodging in double occupancy room.
- 24 hour trip leader knowledgeable of local medical and crisis resources.
- Workshops, trainings, and lectures.
- London Pass for entrance into 80+ attractions, including those listed in itinerary.
- Oyster Card for subway, bus, and other ground transportation
- 15 contact hours of NBCC-approved credit
Program fees exclude:
- Optional excursions. Harry Potter Experience ($250). Avant Garde Experience ($200)
- Food expenses and personal.
- Medical and travel insurance.
To Reserve Your Place:
Space is limited to 12 participants and is reserved on a first come first serve basis. A down payment of 50% is required at the time of application to reserve your spot. Full payment will be due 8 weeks prior to departure.
More than 90 days prior to departure - full refund less the cost of any booked airfare or events.
90-31 days days prior to departure – participant forfeits 75% of the deposit and program fees.
0-30 days prior to departure – participant forfeits 100% of deposit and program fees.
- Interest and/or background in mental health field.
- Completed application, informed consent, and release.
- Valid ID and passport.
- Attend pre-trip preparation meeting.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.